Wednesday 4 April 2012

Big-Arm Ed

Month of rebirth, my ass.
March came and went, with just a week of glorious beautiful sunlight before the rains came back.

It is now April. It is still ridiculously cold.
The host parents have gone to a mediation meeting with their lawyers, and my four-year-old charge is starting to talk about "mommy's friend".
I've met the guy, he's got two daughters of his own and a nice face. We'll see.

As for life outside the trenches, it is mysterious and huge, and I have so many things to think about that it's hard to sit down and blog about any of them.

But, my friends.

I HAVE joined a gym.

I had to do a compulsory "induction" which involved me and Big-Arm Ed spending an hour together while he asked me if I "run" (I said, "away from fires, only") and tried to make me do sit ups.

The highlight of the session was when I discovered that his muscles are so obscenely huge, he can't straighten his arms. Truly. He also can't do martial arts because his muscles are so tightly knit together that if he gets thrown, he will seriously injure himself. Yep. You just read that again slowly one more time. I'm going to crack open the Haagen-Dazs.



No comments:

Post a Comment