Thursday 8 March 2012

Tired like that time I thought I could run the 400m race at school

Um. Yeah. When I was 12 I did honestly think I would survive a four HUNDRED metre race. Because glasses and braces and pale calves lacking any calf muscle were clearly not an indication that I would die trying.

Well, at least now I know what a death rattle sounds like.

But that's in the past. In the present, I lack braces, have some pretty sweet calf muscles, but overall I still SUCK at this being alive and moving thing.

Why am I so lethargic and tired and DEAD by 6pm!?
Seriously, I'm looking after two children, not single-handedly digging up a mine.

The guy I work for (despite potentially being a wife-beating philandering cheating asshole, if Madam Bonkerz' claims are true) is not ONLY a heart surgeon, he also knows how to play the organ, fly real areoplanes, drive real boats and even make really fancy origami paper planes! How!

How do you, as a heart surgeon, have the time to develop and practice these skills, and spend time with your kids, and potentially 2-4 other women?

I CAN'T EVEN ANSWER ALL MY EMAILS.

It's now 8.20pm and I am going to try very hard to drink all my peppermint tea. Sometimes I'm too lazy to pick up the mug.

WHAT HAPPENED TO BEING  RESPONSIBILITY CHAMPION?!

This is from the best blog in da world: hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment